Monday, August 28, 2023

The Trumpet Sound...?

 I love it when a short post writes itself!

I'm at work and it will be lunch time soon. I was invited to lunch by a co-worker and went into the restroom to you know: check out my hair and outfit and stuff. Anyhoo, I'm looking in the mirror and thinking about what might be on the lunch menu at the Silo, believing all is right with the world.

Suddenly, I hear this very weird sound: almost like an elephant deep-trumpeting. What the heck? Then I hear it again, only a little louder.  Is anyone else hearing this, I wonder? Then it sounds a third time and what goes through my mind but: is this the trumpet call of Jesus? If it is then I was in trouble because I was still standing there!

I have been a saved Christian for most of my life. Never had a doubt in my mind that when the Rapture happened I'd be caught up in the twinkling of an eye to see Jesus. But to still be standing in the work restroom made me think real quick. Was there something I hadn't been doing correctly? Had I repented of all my sins? Had I said my prayers last night? I missed church yesterday but that was because I was sick, yet still did church from home...

Yes: these errant thoughts immediately went through my mind. And then I had to chuckle to myself. That couldn't have been the trumpet call, because I'm sure Jesus's trumpet sounds better than an elephant. Besides, prophecy up to the Rapture hasn't been fulfilled as of yet. Whew!

Thankfully I ran into my co-worker Cindy in the hallway, who assured me that the sounds were the workmen finishing up their work in the upstairs café. But as I went to my desk, I still looked around to be sure there weren't any empty clothes lying on the floor!  😉

** If you aren't familiar with the Rapture, read the book of Revelation or reach out to me: I'd be glad to discuss it with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment