Monday, February 6, 2023

Oh I Dreamed Last Night...

 It seems like such a long time since I posted. This is mostly because I had a bit of a health crisis a few weeks ago, so I didn't have the energy to post after I got out of the hospital. But baby: I'm back!!

A few nights ago I had a very interesting dream. I was doing a little shopping at an old-school store, like Ames or Zayre. I was pushing a stroller that apparently had my beautiful, sleeping 10-month-old baby in it, and I had my cell phone resting on my baby's stomach. I paused to look at something on a rack, and when I resumed pushing the stroller I noticed my cell phone was gone! Someone had the audacity to take it from on top of my baby! Another customer noticed my chagrin and told me I should go to customer service, as maybe someone had turned it in there. I guessed that made sense. So I went to customer service to check; and thankfully they did have my cell phone! Turning back to the stroller, I now saw that my baby was gone! Horrified, I looked everywhere for my baby but with no luck.

The next thing I knew I was home, and trying to decide how I could find my baby. I was getting ready to call the police when all of a sudden: my good friend Dave Thomas was there! (Dave actually died a few years ago, but I digress...) I said, "Dave! What are you doing here?" He answered, "I have something for you." Then he lightly throat-punched me, which kind of hurt and made me cough but I followed him into the next room. And there was my baby! Crying, I picked him up and held him. I went to thank Dave but he was gone. My baby had a scar by his chin and I thought someone had hurt him, but then I remembered it was an old scar.

I woke up. What the heck was that about? But as I laid there it hit me: it was January. Many years ago, when Brie was just a year old, I lost a baby that I was still mourning all these years later. Maybe God got tired of this every year. So...is it possible that He sent me this dream to show me that baby? The pregnancy had not made it to term, hence the missing baby in the stroller. Then my good friend who is deceased came to me (not really him, I'm sure, but probably an angel representing him) to finally show me the baby. All this time, since I have 2 daughters, I assumed it was a girl. But lo and behold: it was a beautiful boy! And since I got to see him: I'm sure he is being taken very good care of in Heaven, waiting until we really can meet.

You may not believe what I believe, but this certainly did bring me comfort. I fully believe the Bible when it says that we will know our loved ones in Heaven. So that means I will recognize that little boy when I see him. By the way: that baby boy's name is Rafael, nicknamed Rafi. 💓


No comments:

Post a Comment