Friday, July 22, 2022

They're All Exactly the Same

 This morning I woke up to another hot and probably going to be humid day. It's Friday, and that means you can wear jeans to work. But I would have to be crazy to put on jeans in this weather: even a pair of the cute capris I bought yesterday at Maurice's. So again: it meant I was going to wear one of my summer dresses.

Don't get me wrong: I love my dresses. But I just want a moderate day where I can wear something else. Anything else!

Anyhoo, I went into Brie's room to get a dress out of the closet, where I keep all of my dresses. As I thumbed through them I noticed something. All of the dresses were exactly the same.

I had bought these dresses at Old Navy and Maurice's. I am so sure of my size that I can just order them online, which is very convenient. But getting back to them: they are all sleeveless tank dresses with pockets. Cute, but identical. Sure they are different solid colors (Old Navy) and different patterns (Maurice's) but they are the exact same dress. When I pointed this out to Brie, she just laughed at me. I don't know why: because she has like 5 of these dresses too! Twinning!

So now I wonder if other people, like my coworkers and people at church, have noticed this phenomenon. And wonder why a woman of a certain age would buy dresses with short hemlines to parade around in.

Because I can! It's hot! I only pay between $8 and $13 for these dresses, and I get free shipping. They are cute, comfortable and it's summer, for heaven's sake. According to Brie, I have the heat crazies from this weather (can't stand summer) so I need to do what I can to be cooler.  Besides, the legs have stood up over time, no pun intended! 

So I'm going to continue to wear these assembly-line dresses until the weather gets below 75 degrees. Then I can switch to something with short sleeves, or a midi dress. Can't wait!

In the meantime, I just got an email from Maurice's. My new dress is ready for pick up! 😮




 

No comments:

Post a Comment