Wednesday, April 27, 2022

I Needed This Today

 Recently, I had to move. Recently, as in we spent the first night in our new place Sunday, April 23rd. I'm not going to go into the particulars now: I'll save that for a future post. However, this move has been...a lot, physically and emotionally. But this post isn't about that.

With everything going on, I got up this morning and thought, "I just can't do it. I just don't feel like going to work."  I sat on the side of my "bed" and felt close to tears; however, Rita isn't a crier. Plus, today is Administrative Professionals Day, and I'm an Administrative Professional so I had to go to work. Otherwise that wouldn't have been professional! So I did what I had to do to get ready. I said to Gabriella, "It would be so nice if I got to work and I had flowers." She said, "I wish I'd get flowers too!"

So I decide to go to Wendy's to try their $1 breakfast biscuit on my way to work. I would have gone to Dunkies to get a tea, but the line was out into the street. So I knew I wouldn't have any hot tea because Wendy's doesn't have it, so I pulled in there where there were NO cars. I got my biscuit and an orange juice and went on my way.

I got a good parking space so that was good. Then I gathered my things and trudged into work. Of course the first door was locked so I had to trudge to the other office door, that thankfully was open. I went in, looked at my desk -

And there were flowers!! My boss had gotten me like this big coffee mug with flowers and butterflies on it, with a lovely set of tea roses, greenery and a pink and black plant in it as well, with a glittery butterfly attached. I loved it! And she also gave me a beautiful card which included a Dunkies gift card. It was just what I needed today!

When I went into her office to thank her, she said she was so glad I liked the planter because she said it reminded her of me. I just adore her! And then for lunch, she took me to the Administrative Professionals' luncheon at the Courtyard Marriott in Lake George! She is the best and always makes sure I feel appreciated for all I do for her. I am so happy that she chose me to be her assistant; and I love making her life easier here at work.

So there it is: my day started out not great but it turned out awesome! God knew exactly what I needed, and He provided it for me.

Here is my floral arrangement:


Thanks so much Mary Hand. You're awesome!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment