Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Heaven

I haven't written a poem in a long time. But this one happened to come to me this morning, so here it is.


I listened to a preacher say,
“No one talks about Heaven today.”
Is that because there’s too much fun
On this 3rd rock from the sun?
People don’t want to let go
Of their activities here below.
Frankly, they don’t realize
That Heaven is the BIG grand prize!
No potholes in the streets of gold.
Vibrant colors: bright and bold.
Gates of giant, perfect pearls.
Not a blemish: not a whorl.
Mansions as far as the eye can see:
One for you and one for me!
Wall foundations of precious stone.
Understatement: mind blown!
No more crying, no more tears,
No more dying, no more fears.
No more trouble, no more strife.
Eating from the Tree of Life!
Listening to the angels play;
Seeing Jesus every day.
Praises ringing loud and clear
For all inhabitants to hear.
We will all walk in the Light
For in Heaven there is no night.
Lord God Almighty and the Lamb,
Son of God and the Great I Am
Are waiting now for you and me:
What a wedding feast it shall be!
We will all be by His side,
When the Lamb takes His bride.
New Jerusalem in its bliss,
So glad that I won’t miss this!
And forever I will be
With the Holy Trinity.
Although Earth can have some charm,
These days there’s just too much harm.
Pleasure’s fleeting: not to stay,
One day Earth will burn away.
Get right with God, the time’s at hand,
I’ll see you in the Promised Land.

June 18, 2019
Rita D Debnam

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully created! Thank you for sharing. We all need reminders of the glory of Heaven!

    ReplyDelete