Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Power of a Smile

I was on my way to work this morning when I realized I needed to stop for gas. As I was pulling into my favorite Sunoco station the song "Hello" by Adele came on the radio. Adele 25 was the last CD my sister bought, so whenever I hear that song it makes me think she's saying hello to me. But since it was a dreary, gray and rainy morning, it made me sad. I got out of the car and began pumping gas: gazing up at the gray sky and wishing I could feel...different.


As I was nearing the amount of gas I wanted to purchase, I happened to glance towards the window of the convenience store. One of the employees was by the window and looked out. When she saw me, she smiled and waved. I smiled and waved back...and it was transforming. That simple gesture from that woman made me feel brighter and almost like my old self.


It's amazing what a smile can do. I'm so thankful for that woman because she changed my entire outlook on the day without even knowing it!


The next time I'm at that Sunoco station I'm going to go in and tell her what she did for me. And I will try to do the same for others. You never know what might be going on in someone else's life. But one thing I'm sure of: a smile can certainly help. It helped me...

No comments:

Post a Comment