Sunday, September 22, 2013

Women Who Wait


What is it with women who wait?

I don’t sit by the phone,

All alone,

Silently begging, “Ring, you bastard!”

Because my phone does outgoing

As well as incoming.

 I won’t stand by the dance floor

Scoping the guys, pleading with my eyes,

“Please ask me, don’t pass me

By.”

I grab a girlfriend and we hit the floor

So you can see the fabulosity you’re missing.

 I think it’s silly for me to wait

Until you make the first move.

I set my sights because I'm a real woman.
 
I’m not afraid to approach you

And suggest we get acquainted

Since waiting’s antiquated.

If I had waited for you

Instead of going after what I wanted

We would never have discovered each other:

Two halves of the same whole,

Two old souls

Who at last are complete.

I will never be a woman who waits.
 

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment