Saturday, June 1, 2013

To Be Continued...

You come to me when you're wounded,
You know I can't resist,
Trying to make it all better,
With convo and a kiss.

We always meet at the diner.
I'm never sure how you'll look.
You always arrive before me
And write in your little notebook.

You never get older just better,
Though you looked a bit battle-worn.
Still lean, taut and tattooed
But world-weary and forlorn.

You sip awhile on your coffee.
I pretend I'm drinking my tea.
Our eyes lock in the silence:
Heat passes from you to me.

We spend more time looking than talking:
Taking each other's measure.
We share a similar thought:
Will tonight bring mutual pleasure?

"Want to go somewhere else?"
Is the question I'm waiting to hear.
Finally those words are spoken and
We're out, deciding what's near.

You follow me back to my house,
Up the road it's not very far.
We're going to talk in my driveway,
I let myself into your car.

Talk is not that important.
We comment on the view.
You fix me with a smoky gaze
And ask, "Can I kiss you?"

"Yes," I say, "but I have gum..."
"That's okay, so do I."
You lean in close and our lips meet:
You groan, I deeply sigh.

We knew that it would be like this:
Anything but mild.
Hot, intense, like a flame;
Long, deep, wet and wild...

Kissing's how it always starts;
Cosmically it's not ended.
Afterwards I hold you close so
Your soul can be mended.

You open up and tell me things
You've never voiced before.
I stroke your arm and kiss your neck
And then you tell me more.

I hear you with my ears
While I listen with my heart.
But as always much too soon
I know it's time to part.

"Saying thank-you would be lame
"But sums up how I feel."
We exchange a soulful kiss;
You slide beneath the wheel.

Whispering a soft goodnight
We know we've crossed a line.
I've become a part of you
You'll never leave behind.

Before I enter my front door
I ask the skies above:
Did he see me out of hurt,
Or finally, out of love?

'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment