Thursday, November 29, 2012

I Am Not A Poet

This isn't the post I planned to write tonight. But since I had hand surgery and can't really type, I'm cheating. So here's another poem (copy and paste is great)!


Don’t tell me your tale of woe about that ‘ho that let you go.

That’s more than I need to know but I won’t say, “I told you so.”

There is not a sadder sight than one who cannot see the light.

Trust me, hold me nice and tight.  Kiss me: let our souls take flight.

 

From your soul there comes a sound, saying that it won’t be bound.

No strings ‘round your heart are wound.  With me, freedom can be found.

Banishing your endless night will take my strength and all my might.

You shouldn’t even try to fight; I’ll make everything all right.

 

Our souls have known each other well.  We’ve been through our own brand of hell.

It was almost a death knell but we survived, as you can tell.

Your power I don’t want to take.  A puppet of you I won’t make.

My feelings for you are not fake.  In you, emotions I’ll awake.

 

The thought of this makes your heart quake.  To love again makes your knees shake.

Please be brave for your own sake: deep emotions are at stake.

On your terms I will agree to have you unconditionally.

What you have to do is see that it’s not I or you: but we.

 

In our hearts our love does shine.  A new relationship’s designed.

Here’s my hand: put yours in mine.  Finally, our course is fine.

Don’t tell me who you used to be.  Just show me what I need to see.

Please don’t be afraid of me: for my love shall set you free.
 
~*~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment